Dental CT Scan Peterborough ON
Better Dental X-Rays
Cone beam computed tomography or CB-CT, also referred to as Dental CT Scan is a medical imaging technique consisting of X-ray computed tomography used by dentists and oral specialists who want three-dimensional images to assist with complicated procedures. CB-CT has become increasingly important in treatment planning and diagnosis in implant dentistry and other surgical procedures. A dental cone beam scan offers invaluable information when it comes to the assessment and planning of surgical implants. Perhaps because of the increased access to such technology, CB-CT scanners are now finding many uses in dentistry, such as in the fields of endodontics (root canals) and orthodontics, as well. During dental imaging, the CB-CT scanner rotates around the patient’s head, obtaining up to nearly 600 distinct images.
Questions about Dental CT Scans? Call our office at ☎ Kawartha Dental Office Phone Number 705-743-1851 to speak to a staff member.
As a 3D imaging, CB-CT offers an undistorted view of the dentition that can be used to accurately visualize both erupted and non-erupted teeth, tooth root orientation and pathologies (cancers or cysts) that conventional 2D radiography can not.
Dental CT has variety of applications:
- Treatment planning of orthodontic issues.
- Surgical planning for impacted teeth.
- Diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- Accurate placement of dental implants.
- Evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals and nasal cavity.
- Detecting, measuring and treating jaw tumors.
- Determining bone structure and tooth orientation.
- Locating the origin of pain or pathology.
- Cephalometric analysis.
- Reconstructive surgery.
Kawartha Dental Clinic Advantage
- Group of caring professionals
- Preferred appointment time
- Extended hours including evening and weekends
- Minimal wait time
- Five dentists and ten hygienists at your service
- Prompt emergency appointments
- 24 hours emergency service
- Customer focused, friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Payment plans available
- Insurance assignment
- Wide range of dental treatments provided (dental implants, wisdom teeth extraction, root canals, cosmetic and 3-D dentistry,…)
- We love treating children
- Various sedation levels and modalities available for apprehensive adults (laughing gas, oral or IV sedation)
- In-house anesthesia clinic (operating room) for pediatric sleep dentistry